Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fast Cars, Appreciation, and incoming snow.

If it doesn't snow.... have we seen the movie?

This is a question that I must ask myself, as every time I go and see a movie with my mother for the last many months, it is always cold and snowy.

Now there was the high possibility that when we came out of the theater last night, we would be met by snow. But sadly, it was only snowing on the mountains, and had not yet reached us.

So, the movie that we cannot officially say we've seen was Fast and Furious. Which I highly enjoyed.
1) I'm always up for some Vin Diesel Appreciation, and 2) it actually had all the boys, all the girls, and felt like a real sequel. Now, I haven't seen #3 and don't have much desire to after the horribleness of #2. So, when I own my Fast and Furious movies, I shall own #1 and #4, ignoring the two in between.

But, the only defense to the whole "If it didn't snow..." question, is we had not planned on seeing the movie. It was a last minute thing. Jes had tickets and then couldn't go. So I bought the tickets from her.

We had to putter around for a few hours before the movie, and I'm sure my bank whilst looking at my activity will go "hmm.. Erin's going on a shopping spree"
As yesterday,
I went to La Baguette and got some croissants for us.
Due to having driven into the parking lot via a different route, I found a new shop that I didn't know was there. "My Cuppa Tea"

I wasn't overly impressed, but I did get some Lapsang Sochoung (Sp?) As I have been craving some recently.

Then after having gone home, we left to pick up the tickets. Which we were meeting Jes as the Whole Foods, and I hadn't stopped at the atm. So, we bought some veggies for dinner.

Then, we headed over to Jo-Ann's to putter. I picked up yarn for a project. Of course spent tooo much money whilst there, but there were also some little charms that I could not pass up.
As far as the project goes, I am missing 1 skein of yarn, as apparently it is now discontinued. So i'll have to find a suitable alternate.
My needles arrived, so i will be able to actually start the project as soon as I get that one skein of yarn.

Then I'll just have to figure out what to make for all the other peeps whom are either going to pay it forward, or I'm going to be nice and just make something for the comments anyways.

Then after the craft store, we still hadn't killed enough time, so we decided to go get firewood from the store. We had run out of the house far too quickly, and we had realized that Mother of Mine hadn't eaten, so we got a few things to nom.
Thats when I found the pink cheese.

Yes, pink cheese.

It was a cheddar mixed with Claret, so it was much like the Porter that I enjoy.

But, I admit I wasn't overly fond of the very drunk nature. I could taste the claret, just a little too strongly.



So finally, we got to head over to the theater and have our Vin Diesel Appreciation.

After that, we came home, watched a few episodes of The Unit season 2, and also watched a craptastic sci fi movie called "The Lost Colony". I got it, because I remember when it first came on, I didn't get to see all of it, and 2 it had Adrien Paul. Yes, I will pretty much watch anything he's in. The graphics were horrible, the acting at times was annoying (of course, not Adrien.. he was great), and the story wasn't that bad. Not nearly as bad as everyone keeps saying it is. Honestly, think of the budget they had.. 1.50$ and pocket lint. So for the classic Saturday Sci Fi flick, it wasn't bad.

Slept fitfully because the wind was howling and once again the windchime was bothersome.

Woke up, hopped in the shower, and now I'm sipping some Sherlockian tea whilst watching Top Gear, and Arsenic and Old Lace. Which is a fun movie but for the fact that sound is quite inconsistent. You have to turn up the volume to hear them, and then suddenly one of the characters is blasting a bugle and yelling "charge".

Poured boiling tea on my hand at one point, which is not fun.

Pan is giving me lots of love. Methinks it's because he's sorry for waking me up so much this morning. oh yes, he was bothersome as he was thirsty. So until i turned the tap on in the bathroom for him, he was whining at me.Then he let me get some more rest before I just couldn't lay in bed anymore. Did I mention that it was before 7am?

I really can't wait till the point where I don't have to get out of bed at 5 every day. Because then I'll be able to sleep in on the weekends as well.

Okay, well I guess I'm done rambling for now...

4 comments:

Leslie said...

We will find that yarn I am sure. Hmmmm? Ravelry?

You didn't mention my new ugly green wellies with orange trim with the fleurs tho...

Marissa said...

Yeah... I'll take Adrian Paul any day.

He's old enough to be my father, but who cares? :-)

Leslie said...

Young enough to be my son, but I'd take him too, Marissa..

I want to see more of the boucle/eco scarf, Kiddo.

rjccj said...

I've never heard anyone wax so poetically for those movies. Bravo.

Thursday SciFi did Highlander all day. I watched more than I have in years. Had forgotten how fun the show was.

The cheese just makes my mouth water. Never thought I would want to eat anything not meat that is that colour but damn it looks good. Sorry it wasn't as good as it looks, but given that look, would be hard for anything to live up to it.