Monday, October 12, 2009

Crazy Holidays and other randomness

First I want to say, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends. (And of course all it's territories)

Though I do not celebrate Thanksgiving, because in the US it's all about Turkey... and well... I'm allergic to Turkey. I don't do cranberry sauce, I don't do stuffing, I don't do gravy on my mashed potatoes. I don't like marshmallows on my sweet potatoes (or yams). I don't like almonds on my green beans... Yes.. I am a freak.

Oh, I'm also not a Football (US football) fan either. I don't like to go shopping at the crack of dawn for christmas pressies... Really... I'm just not big into the T-Day.

But I've still got more than a month before I have to deal with the US version of it.
Moving along.
Today is Columbus day.

Which means, once again the kids in NY are not at school. Which means I am once again having to make up time throughout next week. I'll actually be working on Saturday to make up for the pay.

Well, this weekend we got a new couch. Spent 45$ on it.. and so far, my ass does not fall asleep. My body is objecting to the new positions, but thats alright.
We are also in the process of rearranging the house completely.
The stuff currently in the dining room area is going upstairs to the loft area (which was a bitch to clear enough space for)
The stuff currently in the living room (meaning our Dining room table) was moved to the dining room. (What a concept)

Still not done yet of course. But we are getting there.

Unfortunately in the aftermath, I broke one of the Harmony size 4 needles that currently are holding my Legal Assassin socks. Luckily, we had a random size 4 around the house, not to mention 2 other sets floating around as well. So we actually have "matched" sets. Which is all good.

I have discovered that shopping on any holiday.. even if it's not a normally celebrated holiday in this state... is never a good idea.
People are freaking crazy. Seriously crazy.
Never again. I don't care if it's National Smile Day... I'm staying home.

Which thinking on that.. means I'll never leave my house as there is a holiday for every day. Shoot. There goes that idea.

Oh.. I totally forgot.

I dyed this weekend.

New colorway called "Flirt and Flounce".
No pictures as of yet as it is still drying and well.. we had an Ice Storm down here in Colorado Springs so it's cold and there is moisture in the air.

The colorway was for a custom order, which is why it got bumped up before continuing with either the Repo series, or the Moonlight series.

I guess that's all I've got for now. Gotta go make dinner. Tomorrow is going to come very early. Sigh.

Bugs and Hisses peeps!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Forgot to mention dinner was Pizza of our own design...

Anonymous said...

LOL, I don't like Turkey either (cause I'm veggie). And I don't like marshmallows on my yams or gravy on my mashed taters. And almonds on my green beans is sacrilege. My mom makes a special "no turkey" main dish that's really good. There's no reason you have to eat thanksgiving food on thanksgiving.

icecreamcake of rav

Anonymous said...

My favorite is when my people ask me"So long will it take you to lose the holiday weight"or"so how many calories you think you have on your plate"

BTW..... I like ham