Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Girls night, knitting, Repo- oh my!

So I meant to blog days ago.
Obviously it didn’t happen.
Last week is a slight blur… I think there was snow involved at some point.

Friday, yes.. it did snow. I was leaving work my early time like always, and I got home, promptly got sucked into a book due to Mother of Mine using the laptop.
6 hours later, I’m still reading the book and I get a phone call from Hunny of Mine worried as he hadn’t heard from me, and the last he had heard from me involved driving in snow. I am lucky I have such a sweet hunny.

Saturday involved driving to Denver to have a girls night in. With Katte and other Denver people I know.
Meaning people I used to know via the RenScots.
As it was the Renscots “Fortnight” party, which Mother of Mine, Katte, and a few others were refusing to go to due to twats being twats, we had a lovely night in. Though, I must say I had forgotten how much Mary gets on my nerves. But I think that’s just the whole close minded republican attitude she puts out there. I wanted to smack her and tell her to look at the Global picture of everything. Yes, she was whining about Obama creating jobs but “not seeing the problems that will occur because we aren’t setup to deal with trying to rebuild the infrastructure.” Umm.. yes… yes we are. We cant get steel to make bridges? I think Pittsburg will have something to say about that. Jobs in the medical industry? Umm.. sweetie, that doesn’t mean being a nurse. Quit your fucking bitching. You do not have a job. You whine about not having a job. GET A FUCKING JOB. Don’t say “Well, I’m NOT going to go into the medical industry” cause guess what.. then you deserve to be unemployed. Gah! I say Gah!

Unfortunately I did get one of my migraines at the party. Don’t know what caused it. The Chinese food we had in Aurora? The massive amounts of Wool I came into contact with when going to the yarn store in Aurora? Not finding the right needles at the yarn store? The thrift shop where I found the bag and a few belts for my either GraveRobber or steampunk costumes? (dude the place smelled)
There are many possibilities.

Michelle and Bill brought over a nice wine. I haven’t had red wine in a long time. No that did not cause my headache. It was a sweet wine. Most likely too sweet for anyone else, but as a Port drinker, it was nice for me. I had a glass and a half, and enjoyed it. It’s been far too long since I was just able to enjoy a glass of wine with friends.

Spent the night down there, luckily my headache was gone by the morning.
Had breakfast.
For the most part, I have darn near finished my Purple and Grey scarf that I was originally making for Dot. I absolutely cannot find any more of my purple yarn, which is ridiculous as I know I haven’t used it all up. So it’s hiding some where. So this scarf is going to be shorter than my Slytherin one, and it won’t have as nifty fringe. I refuse to go out and buy a brand new skein of yarn for this scarf as I will not need that much. (And I don’t like the yarn that much to want to use it for another project. I’ve found much neater yarn that doesn’t bug me)
Headed back to CoSprings a bit after 12. Mostly I wanted to get home because the weather was turning, and it was now a Sunday. Sunday needs to be spent recuperating.

Chilled the rest of Sunday.

No, I have not typed up my pages yet. And the past two nights no I have not written anything. That doesn’t mean I don’t have ideas. It just means I’m not kicking myself in the ass to do it. Yes, I feel lazy.
I’ll try to at least get a page written (typed) up tonight.
I’ll get around to it. Really I will. But the way I look at it, is right now my back ends up tweaking so much at the end of the day that I just cannot have the laptop on me at all.

Okay, I’ve avoided work as much as possible right now. I guess I should go back. Yesterday we got our asses kicked. It was good for the desk, but it just means I’ll be busy the rest of the week playing catch-up.

Oh, and also I found out that Bill Mosely is going to be at the Denver Repo Road Tour show. Sweet. If I was a horror flick fan, I would be pissing myself about now. Either way, it's another cast member I can get to sign my poster. Sweeeeet.

No comments: