Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In which one edits with an informed decision.

I finally made the decision that my most recent "official" chapter, meaning one of the ones I handed off to my minion for first edit. It going to get a re-write.
Most likely the entire chapter is just going to get thrown out the window.

I was not happy with it when I finished writing it, and upon letting it simmer in my mind, I decided it just wasn't working. It was also going to set the wrong first (well second) impression on a specific character. So out it goes!

But this is good. And after some discussion with my minion, and some spoiling of future plot to him on my part, we got at least the bare bones of a good way to make the chapter work.

I actually look forward to sitting down and writing it. I think it will fit more with the tone I want. Also it gives me a very needed excuse to go visit a certain location here in Colorado that I've been wanting to go to for years, and just haven't been able to go to yet. (Though, I had sort of planned at the very least that it would be one of the places Guy and I go to before we leave the state if nothing else. -heck it could still end up that way if this year goes like all the previous years where I've said "I'm gonna do it this year")

On the knitting front:
I actually do not have a project on the needles right now.
Okay thats a lie. I do have my purple and grey scarf that I've been working on for like 2 years now. But I just don't have the urge to work on it right now. Its one of those long term WIPs. I'm actually like nearly done with it though. But I've run into the problem of the fact that I think I am missing a few of my balls of yarn for it, and therefore it will not be the same length, nor have the fringe of it's companions. This is not necessarily a problem, but I really don't want to go out and buy more of the yarn. It's the cheap Red Heart stuff that I was using when I was a nooooob. I am beyond such horrid yarn. ;-) And I don't need much to finish which means I would have the majority of a skein left sitting around gathering dust. I guess I could use it for pattern swatches etc, but meh.

And to Marissa who commented on my last blog: As it will not let me figure out who you are or how I know you, I am having to respond here. Go try Entrelac! It's fun, it's addicting. And it is challenging. But it is worth it. I rather enjoyed my project. I already have ideas for another project in mind.

This weekend I will be throwing my hat into the Vampire Club from Fresh from the Cauldron. Sigh. And I have a decision to make. I need to figure out 2 colorways that I want.
I am going the 12 skein route for the club, as I need 8 of them to be the Lucien I've mentioned previously.

So 8 Lucien


2 Michael Corvin


And then two others of my choice, but I can't fully decide what I want.

These colors will not be avaiblie again until next year when the swap once again comes around.

There is:
Sonja


Viktor


Selene


Claudia


The Volturi


There are also a few she hasn't posted yet.

Now, not all of them are exactly my chosen taste, but at the same time, I do need to branch out sometimes and get somthing that isn't entirely what I normally go for. Thats how you end up with a wardobe of nothing but black clothes (actually, that was because I had no money when I first joined the corporate world, and my philosophy back then was "well, i can only afford to buy one. And so I should buy something that matches everything." before I knew it, I only had black work clothes)

Once I figure out how to do it, there shall be poll.

I can't decide if I want to do a poll or if I should just go random. But for now I might as well post a poll and see what you all think.

So go vote!

And I just had a horrible experience here at work, I'm not going to blog about it, but I do need to calm down from it. So I'm ending this hear before I start word vomitting it.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I'm UnseelieSuccubus on Ravelry :-)

Wicked said...

Ah Ha! Okay, now I know you! :-D