Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Vampires and insanity inducing knitting..

So, yesterday I finally did it!
I figured out how to do Entrelac. Which for you non knitters, it is a huge insanely cool looking thing, and for those who are knitters who haven't figured out how to do it, it is a huge daunting pain in the ass. For those knitters who have figured it out, it's a breeze.
But either way, I finally did it. An entire week of misery at work and misery coming home and beating my brain against the wall trying to figure it out. I finally did it.
I will of course post pictures, but not right now.

Moving along..

Today I finally got the house to myself for a while.
And this is why I think that I can actually be a writer when I put my mind to it.
I've had the house to myself for about 3 hours. An hour of that time was spent finishing up watching a movie, talking to Guy, finishing the baking that Mother of Mine was doing, and making myself some lunch, bathroom brakes etc.
The other 2 hours of time was spent writing.
And in those 2 hours, I wrote approximately 2,341 words, of fresh new and exciting plot and storyline. Woohoo. Now imagine what I could do with a full eight hours?
Page wise, it's not much. Story wise, it's a lot. One of the KEY bits has finally been written out, and another scene that I'm not fully sure about yet has also begun.
I shall be sending those chapters off to Minion for his review.
I am now officially up to Chapter Eight. Woohoo. I still need to go and add a little bit to Chapter 5, but meh, that's not going anywhere.
I am currently taking a break, as the next bit of writing has to be perfect, and that requires some time for it to simmer and stew.

Well, I am off to go eat a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, and call my Guy as since I have the house to myself, I can have a phone conversation without feeling the need to lock myself in my bedroom. And after all, it's Valentines day. I want to talk to my hunny.

Later people. The novel, is actually acting like a real novel. This is neat.

2 comments:

rjccj said...

Wonderful to hear that you got your stitch down. Look forward to seeing the sample.

Isn't it amazing what good quiet alone time can do? Congrats on getting so much done writing. Baited breath here.

And because I can't resist, and you would appriciate, happy Valentine's day. http://flickr.com/photos/ezri_b/2242685574/sizes/o/

Leslie said...

So kewl on the Entrelac. I know from the pain in the ass..