Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Repo! and Coraline

So I know I've been a total slacker and haven't posted anything recently, but I've been honestly busy, and exhausted.

So just a quicky about Repo, this shall be the very watered down version...
There I am, dressed, as the Grave Robber (I mean after all, he is the coolest character!)
I see someone dressed as Pavi.. I go to take my photo with him. There is someone standing in front of me.
That person turns around and looks directly at me and my knees went weak.
It was Terrence!
I completely did the speechless fan girl practically pissing herself with excitement.
He was highly amused with my reaction (you could tell by his expression)
He loved my costume, and we got many photos together (yes, I will link to photos when I finally pull them off my camera.)

I got to chat with him for a moment, and informed him about my plans:
1) I’m moving to the UK in 17 months and I want to do a weekly Repo type showing situation so I want to talk to him about that.
2) I got inspired to make a scarf inspired by the GraveRobber and when I’m finished it, I want to send it to him (honestly, you should have seen the expression on his face, it was so touching. He looked like I had just given him a puppy)

And 3) a bit about my novel, as there is a character homage to the graverobber (its a Steampunk novel) and I wanted to make sure that an ‘homage’ was alright. I don’t want to get sued.

Had to go inside, time for the film.
Got to hear all the stories from Darren, Terrence and Bill (yes, Bill Mosely.. Luigi himself!)
Watched the movie. Sang with every song.
After the show was autograph time.

Terrence was so cool and wrote a note about my costume on my poster. And he gave me some more info about another Road Tour going to the UK hopefully in the next few weeks, but thats still in the works.

All in all.. I had a fabulous time.

Pictures will be added soon. But I'm at work and don't have access to them right now.

Alright, on to Coraline. Book was by Neil Gaiman

Mother of Mine went and saw it this past Sunday. I am so glad we did. Though my only real complaint is the 3D glasses they gave us were out of a hard plastic and therefore hurt both my mother and I in different places (pinched my ears, hurt her nose)

The movie was amazing. And it was MADE for 3D which was so cool. They did stray a little from the story, but all in all they didn't do too badly, and the changes they made are understandably necessary.

Of course anyone who plans on seeing the movie I recommend to read the book first. It's a quick read and won't take you long at all. But it will make some things so much more amusing if you do.

The only MAJOR change they made was the addition of a new person. But, I see why they did it as to get it out of just being all Coraline all the time.

There was some amazing knitting in the movie, which yes.. those WERE real pieces of knitwear. Made on tiny needles by a person with far more paitence than I shall ever have. Think about it.. the scale was 1:8 (they were expecting 1:10, but she gave them 1:8!!!!!!)
Someone has already made the gloves, (in adult size) which I might have to someday make, and the sweater was neat as well.

All in all I had a lot of fun.

More posts to continue when I can finally function. work has just been insane, and I cannot wait for 16.5 months from now. Cause I'm just exhausted.

4 comments:

rjccj said...

Very cool stuff about Repo.

Is Coraline really that awesome in 3D? Just saw it in regular and it was wonderful. Wish I had read the book first just because there were some parts that just seemed even more odd than normally expected even by Gaiman.

Had no idea that some of the things were acctually knitted. That's just amazing.

Wicked said...

Imagine the spiderweb scene in 3d.

It was very cool.

Yes, those were knitted. I'm still amazed at how tiny they were.

rjccj said...

Ok, I think that just made my head explode. Definately going to have to try to find some place that is showing in 3D here. Wow.

Wicked said...

It's totally worth it. Seriously. And there are only 2 weeks left or so to see it in 3D then the fucking Jonas Brothers movie in 3d takes over.