Thursday, February 12, 2009

Today already is not a good day.

It technically started yesterday, and just hasn't gotten better at all.

My beloved mp3 player.. my Creative Zen, has died on me. It freezes, and will not charge due to the frozen status.
After much troubleshooting on my part and frustration, I submitted a "hey its broke" ticket to Creative, and this morning..
I got an email back from Creative saying "oh your past your 60 day email support, but if you want to pay out the butt we'll give you 30 minutes of support, after that, we charge you more."
Luckily, when I bought it, I bought the 2 year protection from Overstock.com, which means Overstock will take care of it. But I can't call them until after work.

Yesterday continued:
My knitting was making me frustrated beyond belief, but mostly it was a silly mistake on my part the last time, tonight I am hoping for better results and I think I am understanding the situation more and more. That is what is keeping me from being actually "insane" by Einstein's theory. I am learning each time I do it, therefore I am actually getting different results.

Mother of Mine made pork chops for dinner with Pacific Rose apples that I had picked up, it turned out really good. The apples stayed crisp and yummy. I can't wait to try them in a pie. That was the only highlight of the evening.

I went to bed.

I turned up my heating blanket, as it has been cold, and one of the blankets I normally have needs to be washed, therefore it's a tad chillier than normal.

Well, I woke up to my heating blanket being completely off, and me in serious pain due to shivering.

And a cat who decided to meow incessantly from 4:45 until 5:10 when it was time to go downstairs. I honestly wanted to kill him.

As I was driving to work I realized I had forgotten my scarf at home, which attributed even more to the cold factor.

I'm at work, I'm tired, I'm cranky, I'm still cold even after a cup of tea. I've been here for 2 and a half hours already and I am still not warm.

Thanks to the tea I had to use the ladies room prior to when I normally do, and of course ran into the cleaning guy who ALWAYS shows up to clean the bathroom when I absolutely need to use it. And it does not matter which of the 3 bathrooms I go to. He's always there. It's like he has a 6th sense about me having to pee desperately.

Work has been busy, and I sit here wanting to cry. It's just a craptastic day. Yelled at Guy for something that really I should have just kept to myself, but it had been nagging me for a while, so now I feel bad for snapping at him about it because he feels about the reason for what I had snapped at him about.

I wanted to tell a person to fuck off in Ravelry, because I had mentioned a neat idea I had and I wanted input.
Basically: Character in my novel is blind. Just due to old age, but because she had been going blind for many years, she learned how to read braille.
I had an idea that not only did she use her Minds Eye (as she's very witchy), she also had a deck of tarot cards in Braille.

Well someone asked me why i felt she "needed" to read braille.

Ummm.. practicality?

Just for the novel's sake, the way to make my world more believable is to have just enough "real world" in the fantastical world. That way when someone reads what I've written the sit there and go "yeah.. I can see that happening."

Not to mention, if I truly was going fully blind, and I knew it. I mean not just partial vision, I would learn to read braille. And as someone who throws the tarot at least once a month, I would want a deck that I could read.

I even think I might someday actually make a deck of tarot cards in braille, I think it's a neat idea.
But the way that person commented, after everything I've dealt with for the past two days, just made me want to tell them to fuck off.

I was polite and didn't do that, but it urked me.

I want to go home.
No.
I want to get on a plane and go to the UK. I don't want to be in this damn country anymore, I don't want to be in this job anymore, and I want to have something go right for once.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Maybe I shouldn't be home tonight. LOL.

I am sorry your day is being sucky.

I am glad you liked the supper last night.

The person who commented about your character, disagree her as she is disagreeable. Ignore the rest...

rjccj said...

Not much to say but hope that today was better than yesterday. But the person who didn't get the braille tarot cards...how shall I put this...they are a complete idiot.

Good luck with everything else today.