Sunday, May 3, 2009

Completely selfish slacking day.

Alright, so today I was finally not suffering from headache or headache echos. Only had a touch of sinus pressure, which as soon as I head to Evil-Mart tomorrow, I'll pick up more daytime sinus meds, and I'll just start half dosing myself every day. It will mean unfortunately having to buy a new pack every time I go to Evil-Mart instead of stocking up, because if I do stock up.. they'll think I'm trying to cook my own meth. Lovely.

But so, pretty much all I did today was do nothing. I chilled on Ravelry and watched Jekyll and Stargate Atlantis season 4.

I did run to drop off the Rent, so as to not get dinged on a late fee and also switch out the Vitamins I bought at Whole Foods. Darnit I had gotten too low a dose of my B12 stuff. So instead of risking the change, I just went back and swapped it out today. Which, I realize now that they were out the other day when I initially did my Whole Foods shopping, which is why I accidentally got the lower dose.
Hopped in the shower, did a load of dishes, but otherwise have done nothing.

I don't feel guilty about it. I mean, I should have been working on my novel since my mom was not puttering around, but I don't know... I just didn't do it. though, I think I found a new inspiration song. Woohoo. More music to get added to the list.

Mom is currently quite sick. No it's not swine related. She was pushing herself too much this past week to get things ready for this weekend and it just caught up with her. She is currently running fevers etc. If she doesn't get better soon, then we'll send her to the doc to make sure it's not swine related or not another West Nile relapse. All I can say, is I am so very glad that I do not have her compromised immune system. So today, I've been making sure she actually eats. And by eats I mean more than just a handful of crackers. Tisk tisk, I know I should have made sure she was eating more throughout the day yesterday... but for most of it she was just asleep. I did make sure she had a very good and healthy dinner.

Jekyll was freaking AMAZING. James Nesbitt did a freaking awesome job. The story was quite a good version of the classic "strange case". And I really just enjoyed how they showed it. In my mind, everything that he did was what I would have done to try to live as normally as possible.
And it was dark, and twisted,and just brilliant. Nothing quite like throwing a lion (dead lion) and then at the top of ones lungs singing "In the Jungle".

Stargate Atlantis season 4 is an enjoyable season thus far. I had no idea how big a role Jewel Staite ended up having. She was great. I am so glad that she was added to the cast and they didn't just shove her in the medical room and never let her do anything. Not to mention, the episode with her and Ronan was a great one!

NCIS: The official Soundtrack- So, I've been waiting for this from the library for a long while now. Though I have to say 2nd disc "Abby's Lab" was acting like it was going to kill my CDROM drive... how annoying. But, the song sung by Cote De Pablo is absolutely amazing. (thats from the first disc) apparently it's from one of the season premiere episodes, but I'm so behind. It's called "Temptation"* and it is absolutely brilliant. Also, Pauley Perrette has a song on the Abby's Lab disc called "Fear" it rocks as well. And I'm glad to see that a band I highly enjoy got a slot on the CD. Collide if your curious.

*This is the song that is going to be added to my Novel Inspiration list.

My Zen who is still nameless is starting to actually be full and like a real music player. Must find my Zen's name soon.

I did do some things today... other than the already mentioned...

I figured out a new project that I think I want to start...

It will be I think in this color:


This sweater:


I will most likely end up making the sweater longer, just because I don't like showing off any bit of my stomach. (Heh, after my 6 months of going to pilates after the move, that might be a different story.. but right now... not so much.)

So that was my big decision of the day.
Which, I won't be able to start the project anytime soon, because the yarn will be expensive. And I don't think I have the right size needles... but it's definitely on the "to do" list.

I guess I'm done rambling. Stargate just finished, so now I have to decide what goes on. Talk to ya later peoples, lets hope work tomorrow doesn't bring on another migraine.

6 comments:

Marissa said...

Found out one of my pay it forward people is allergic to wool! I was using KnitPicks Imagination for their scarf (the Pirate King) and the motherfucker is allergic!

Must do yarn shopping. and I'm broke!

Wicked said...

@Marissa- ouch that really sucks. Well, that means you'll get to keep Pirate King for yourself then.

Douglas mackinnon said...

Glad you liked Jekyll!!!! Douglas Mackinnon Director Jekyll

Wicked said...

@Douglas Mackinnon - Ummm if you are THE Douglas Mckinnon and not someone just pretending to be him, I have to say WOW, I'm absolutely blown away that you decided to comment on my little old blog. Thank you. And yes, I absolutely LOVED Jekyll. It was done brilliantly, and completely in the style that I love and enjoy. I don't think any other format would have done it justice. I'm very ... I guess protective would be the right word, about my Jekyll and Hyde stories, as normally they are done horrendously. But this one, I loved.

I think this just made my day.

Leslie said...

I love the colour and the sweater and I agree longer would be better.

If that was Douglas, kewlio!

Thanks for taking care of me while I was puny.

1472go said...

It was me, for real.... Douglasmackinnon@mac.com