Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sandman... bring me a dream...


So last night, as I was crawling into bed...

I got a thought about a colorway I'd love to do when I start dyeing.

It was quiet appropriate as I dreamed it up in bed, as the colorway involves Sandman himself.

I won't go into details about it, because well.. I don't want people to steal my idea before I get the chance to dye him up. But if he turns out how I thought of him... it'll be gorgeous.

Unfortunately, it means I will definitely need to buy the Absolute Sandman, as my reference images are no where to be found online.

Hmm... perhaps if I actually wait till after I start my business, I can do it as a tax write off? Sigh.. I'll keep those thoughts at bay till I actually move. I will definitely need to consult a tax person over there, as I know nothing when it comes to the taxes of the UK.

I have decided that I will in fact be signing up for the Dyeing class at my local yarn shop, as I really do want to make sure I've got some talent for this- and I'm a visual person.. I can only glean so much from tutorials etc, I need to get my hands dirty so to speak. So, for 30$ I can get class instruction and dye up a skein or two. I think I have some ideas for what colors I want to play with in the class. Well, thats if they let me. I don't know if they'll let me do the stripey style in the class or if they will be having us do non variegation yarn.

Well, if I don't stop yapping now, I'll end up babbling, and I'll most likely end up babbling about the colorway.

So... Bugs and Hisses everyone.

No comments: