Monday, May 11, 2009

Dislike of Clubs

Note: I am bitchy right now. I've had a super long day at work, a day where I frankly do not know how I will survive 13 months, if every day is like this.
And then my "hunny" decided to do the classic male thing of not paying attention. This, makes me pissy. So if you don't wanna read it.. frak off.


I hate "sock" clubs.

Let me clarify. I dislike clubs that I really want to be a part of, but they do not give any even hint as to what the yarns will be.

I am very picky when it comes to yarn I buy.
I will never join a blind club. If I don't get to choose what I'm getting, well then you don't get my money. Last thing I want is to be saddled with some puke green colorway or heaven forbid.. pink.

Most yarns I find out there, just don't do it for me. I'm all about the jewel tones, and all about the darker colors. And for some reason, most yarn companies (or dyers) like.. .yellow... and reds, and those two combined.

I also dislike clubs because of the exclusive nature of them. The whole "buy it now, or buy it never" mentality doesn't work for me. I'm a person who if only given that choice, will say no. Well.... thats unless it's something i really really want. Not knowing what I'm buying? I'll say no.
Pushy sales people hate me, because I'll push right back and they won't get what they want.

Sorry Bob, I'll take the car I see in front of me, not the Mystery Box.
No, I do not want to change my answer for what could be behind Door #2.
Yes, that is my final answer.

If and when I do my own yarn dyeing shop.. yeah mayhaps I'll have a club or two. But I'll let people know what they're buying first.

I guess I have too much of an "On Demand" mentality. Thus, I try to give that option to the people around me.

I'm ranting, sorry. Like I said it's been a long day, and I honestly don't know how I can survive 59 more Mondays.

Yes, I have approximately 59 Mondays left in this country. And if they are all like today, I'll not survive it. I most certainly will not survive if every day is like this. My back is spasaming, my neck is tweaking, I'm cranky, and there are many things I want to say about my job, but can't for fear of the whole "fired for blogging about the company" situation which one hears too often now a days.

Yes, I love my company. I love the job, and I just can't wait till tomorrow morning.

Love does not equal survival. I'm serious. I mean survival of my sanity and body. Quite literally. with how much pain I'm in right now, I'm debating weither or not I can make it into work tomorrow. I guess we'll see how I'm doing in the morning.


I'm going to go get my better mood on by watching NCIS and then Underworld Evolution.

And on the writing front.. .I've got some great ideas going for the novel. Woot.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Get a bottle of RealLemon juice. Dump in spray bottle. Hide behind a large shrub, making sure you're not seen.

Spray random people in the face.

Unknown said...

Good idea, Marissa! She can also kill any marauding faeries that way! ;)