Friday, May 22, 2009

The Lunatics have taken over the Aslyum

Alright, I splurged yesterday.

Collide is a band that I enjoy, but have never been able to justify spending the money to 1)buy a physical cd, and 2) I haven't been able to justify spending money on any of their cool merchandise.
When I say merchandise, I mean the shop Saints and Sinners, which is run by KaRin who is a member of Collide, so thus, the merchandise in the shop helps support the band.

I got an email, my usual monthly email from Collide. And in that email, they announced a sale that was happening till the end of May. If you order from Saints and Sinners before the end of May, you'll get a free Collide cd of your choice.

Hells yeah.

So, I decided to get meself one of the belt buckles I was wanting, and opted for the Vortex CD, which I realized after I placed the order, that Vortex is a 2 disc set. Woohoo. They didn't say that Vortex wasn't an option for the free cd, and it is the only cd that has my favorite song.

The song in question... "The lunatics have taken over the Asylum" (I think it might be on the live cd, but i'm not fond of live cds)

So for 34$ (after shipping) I got a spiffy belt buckle, and a 2 disc cd. Woot.




Saints And Sinners

I also splurged when I got home, as I mentioned that Knit Picks has a wooden Swift on sale for 50$ (normally like 89$)

So mom and I decided to split the cost, as I really don't want to spend another 8 hours untangling a skein of yarn.

I know when the move happens, we'll have to decide who gets to keep it... But perhaps, I'll be able to have bought a new one by then. If it stays the same price, in a few months, we'll both pitch in for another one and that way we'll both have one and it didn't dent our bank accounts too much.


Knit Picks Yarn Swift

I also bought a new set of needle tips, in size 6, slowly I'll have all the ones I need.
I also got myself one ball of the Knit Picks Comfy so that I can start doing some gauge and figure out how much I'll need for my Av's sweater.

No comments: