Friday, June 12, 2009

It happened.

My life is about get 100% worse.

No, I'm not being melodramatic.

As of July 31st, my desk is gone.

The irony of this.. is that tomorrow marks my 2 year anniversary on this desk.

They offered me a position on the Department of Education desk. Which is a nightmare for me. But I would have been stupid not to accept it.

If I didn't accept it, I wouldn't have gotten unemployment. So, you can see why I needed to accept it.

But this is going to be life altering, because for over 9 months now, I've worked through my lunches and left early on Fridays.
This started due my unfortunate almost like clockwork, migraine showing up on Thursday. I would work through my lunches, so that if I had to leave early on Thursday, I wouldn't miss any pay, and also wouldn't then have to work nearly a 12 hour day on Friday.

I do not know if they will let me do this on the new desk.
The new desk scares me.
They fire people over there.
And they have mandatory down time during the summer. Meaning, your still employed, but not working. This, is not quite as scary for me, as when I'll be moving over there, is past the Down Time period, and as I am moving at the beginning of the summer next year, I don't think I'll end up being affected by the MDT.

But also I shall have the stress of a brand new desk. To me, it's a brand new job. It's just at the same building.
Also, I will be a regular agent again. That means inbound calls, and no control over what I get.

That means, my stress level is going to go through the roof.

I honestly want to cry.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

CRAP! I'm running away from home now...

rjccj said...

Good luck. Wish there was more that I could say, but good luck in the new position.

iono said...

Aw, that doesn't sound like fun. :(
Good luck adjusting to the new job. Any chance it's not as bad as it seems at the moment?