Thursday, June 18, 2009

Poor Customer Service: Crystal Palace Yarns

I am feeling cranky, as I have now had to send 3 emails to get a question answered, and it has still not been answered. Thus to me.. that is poor customer service, and they will most likely loose my sale.

Hello,
I am inquiring about the Panda Cotton yarn you have for sale.
I realize that it's "Wholesale quantities" only, but I'm curious if you will sell to someone who does not (yet) have their wholesale license.

The reason I ask is because I have come across some companies that will only sell if you have the license, but there are some who will sell without it, but just require the wholesale amount, and the notice on your website did not address that.

I do not have my wholesale license yet, because I am moving to the United Kingdom in less than 12 months, and I was planning on officially starting my business then, under their rules and obligations. But if I can start ordering from you and building my stock now in the US, it will make my transition easier next year.

Thank you,

Erin Gallagher


His reply:
Hello Erin,

In the UK our products are available from

[information removed by me, as I don't want to post it on my blog]

Sincerely, Andy


Sigh. This does not answer my question.
So, thinking it was just I hadn't made my question clear enough.. I sent a response..
I chose to be a little more direct.

Andy,
That actually didn't answer my question.
I am inquiring about ordering Panda Cotton now, if it does not require a wholesale license.

Now, again my question is this : Do you require a wholesale license, or do you just require a wholesale quantity to be purchased.

Next question:
How much is the cost of the Panda Cotton?


In regards to the UK sale, I will tackle that in 12 months when I move. But I still need to know the answers to the above questions.

Erin.


His response:
Erin,

Sorry, but [name of company] handles all sales in the UK.

I think it is their policy to sell only to those with wholesale license. I think that eventually they will answer your question.

Good luck.


SErioUSLY?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
I just said, I do not need to know about the UK sales AT THIS DAMN TIME.

Alright, lets try this again.

Short, quick, because frankly.. I'm loosing my patience. It's a simple question.

Andy,
My question is related to sales in the US, not the UK yet. (Like I said in my previous email, I will deal with purchasing in the UK, 12 months from now. Not now.)


Didn't even sign my name, because at this point they are about to loose a damn sale.

If it weren't for the fact that they are the only ones who have undyed Bamboo/Cotton/Elastic sock yarn for sale... I would no longer be dealing with them.

So far, I am not impressed with Crystal Palace Yarns. And as of right now, I am one unhappy consumer. BIG MISTAKE ANDY. Big damn mistake.

If it was just that they required a wholesale quantity to be purchased. Which, the confusion started because the website says "Wholesale Quantity Only" It does not say "Wholesale License required" and there is a very big difference between the two.

Why does this need to be so damn complicated?

I'm tempted to call, and speak to anyone other than Andy, and preferably his boss. Because Andy is loosing them customers. And in this economy, that is not something you want to do.

Now, if he continues to not answer my question.. I will get downright bitchy, and I will voice my opinion on Ravelry. I can ruin their business quite easily, just by voicing my opinion.

At this point, I honestly think that I will rather do business with the UK shop, which means they won't get any of my money for OVER 12 months. Tisk tisk.. Thats not fiscally responsible of them now is it...

No comments: