Monday, July 6, 2009

Dear person who tried to steal all my monies.

Hello internet, (specifically the individual who tried to do what they tried to do)

Ahem, I write this letter after a few days reflection on the matter. I chose not to post right away, as I wished to calm myself and actually think of what I fully intended to say.

So it is with a calm mind that I say this to you:

SCREW YOU.

Of all the people in the US of A right now to attempt to steal money from, I am not the person you should have tried your lack of skillz on.
Did you not think I would see the purchase?
Did you not think I would go to my bank?
Did you not think I would notice due to the holiday coming up?
Do you think I will not bring charges against you once we find out who you are?

Let me educate you as to your little error.
I have been living paycheck to paycheck in survival mode for nearly 10 years now.
I obessivly check my bank account daily. Multiple times a day even.
My bank is good at immediately posting up all information about every little cent of my accounts.
So, your little 1$ pre-authroization for "Yahoo Wallet", was immediately visible to me.

And, as I do not use any online Wallets, I immediately knew something was amiss.
I do not trust online Wallets, for exactly the reason I am writing this letter. I won't even allow Amazon to turn on the 1-click shopping feature.

Call me paranoid... because I am.

So, the charge you attempted to do, has been disputed. Oh yes, I was at my bank within 4 hours of seeing that little charge. I would have been sooner, but I was stuck at work.

I do not know what you had intended to purchase via Yahoo Wallet, but, you certainly will not be able to do it with my card.

All you have succeded in doing, is making me even more paranoid.
My purse is now locked up whilst at work.
Never shall I order anything via the internet at work anymore.
And my personal firewalls have been upgraded.
Instead of only checking my account a minimum of 6 times a day, you've now made me compulsively check it another random handful of times.

This, is not a challenge that I am presenting for you. I am simply stating fact. Go find someone else to try to rip off. Or better yet... Get a job. Earn your own damn money, and leave mine, and all the other innocent hard working people's fundage alone. I realize the state of the economy is bad. I realize that the unemployment rate is the highest it's ever been. But dude. Seriously, don't steal from those who are just scraping by. If your going to go after anyone.. go after those fat cats who get thousands of dollars in bonuses when their companies go belly up. Leave my patheticly small accounts alone.

Sincerly,
Your recent "near" victim.

_____________________________________________________________________________

And on another note, my banker was very impressed with how quickly I jumped on everything. Yup.. I'm a dragon when it comes to my little "cave of treasure". (Oh, and a correction from the previous blog. This happened on Thursday, not Friday.)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Seriously folks, Wrath of Goddess time, so pay attention, nuff said?

Marissa said...

You scare me when you're mad.

I like it. :-)

Bite their head off babe!

Wicked said...

@Marissa - Hun.. this is me calm and collected. I actually did not get "mad" during all this. I surprised myself with how calm I was. I was more nervous than anything. And the nervous really was only after the fact as I was sitting in the movie theater trying to think how they got my card number.

rjccj said...

I can so totally see you like the tiger head entrance to the Cave of Wonders in Aladin. Glad the fixes went smoothly.