Thursday, July 16, 2009

Writing, Knitting and Dyeing- an update

Alright, so on top of the whole "someone trying to steal all my money" situation of 2 weeks ago. Last week my employer decided to over pay me.
Now I can hear you already saying "Woot. more money right?"
No, this is a bad thing. Why? Because the last time a company over paid me, it took over 6 weeks for them to correct the error, and Murphy is not my friend. It would not matter how long I would sit there and not spend the money, something would happen, and the day/hour/minute before the employer would get their act together and retrieve the money they over paid, something would happen ans *poof* it'd be gone from my account, thus making me extra broke and generally negative in my account.

Thankfully, I was pretty on top of the situation this time, and I notified my HR person, she sent the appropriate email, and instead of the company retrieving the funds from my account, simply took it from the next paycheck.

Sucks because this paycheck that I got today now has a whole lot less than it normally would, which of course puts me mentally into a not so happy place. Luckily, I had not had any bills clear, nor really buy anything I shouldn't have, so the funds were still in my account, and I'll still be golden for the week.

What does this mean? Well, once I finish paying bills for this month, I will more than likely be able to afford to buy some more yarn goodness.

I plan on finishing up my Moonlight colorways, (2 more planned for the series, Josef and Coraline) and starting on a little custom project that I have in the works. Here's a hint... when I finish it.. it will be part of my Wicked set.. and it shall be called: "Little Ways to Flirt and Flounce"

So thats the update on the Dyeing front.

Knitting front:
I'm almost done with Sock #1 of the Fangtasm pattern (which I've dubbed my sock project to be "Playful Bites")
I'll most likely finish tonight and then cast on Sock #2. I'm terrified that they won't match for whatever reason, which is very much making me want to start 2 at a time on the next pair I do. I didn't do it this time because 1)I was still new to socks, 2)I had never done Magic Loop socks, 3)I had never done Toe Up.
Now that I've accomplished all those little things, I think I'm safe to move on to 2 at a time.

Next up: Writing.

Alright, the past two days have been a little crazy for me. But on Monday I did manage to write some. Which makes me happy. I'm hoping to spend this weekend busting out even more on the word count.
Mother of Mine is going to be out at the Elizabeth Celtic Festival (formally known as Kiowa Celtic Festival), and that means I'll have Friday from Noon till I fall asleep, Saturday morning. Saturday Afternoon I'm going to go to the festival for my "very last time". I'll spend a few hours there then come home (thankfully, it's not like I'll be driving to Denver at all) and write till I fall asleep, and then I'll have the bulk of Sunday till Mom comes home to write.
Hopefully I'll be able to bust out my goal for the week and a whole bunch more past that.


Work: My backup who really was the only other person at work who
did anything broke his leg last week. I can't recall if I wrote about this or not.
Well, Tuesday he went to see his doctor to find out if the surgery is a "go."
And I don't know what he did to piss off his doctor, but he is now banned from coming to work until the end of the month.

This leaves me screwed. Now, I'm the only one doing work until this desk closes. Yes, I have the other backloggers, but they do not get nearly as much accomplished as my backup.

This means I'm brain dead when I come home from work, and cannot write at all. Sigh. We'll see how it goes.


Other news: I'm totally geeking out. I bought a new printer. It is a spiffy one, that is an all-in-one. Most importantly, it has a flatbed scanner (last year my scanner that I stole from the ex broke.). This means I can now scan all the photos from my childhood and not be without them when I make the big move. I am happy.
It's spiffy. It's new. It's wireless. It will so pay for it's self in like a month. (now I can do business stuff easier. Color printing.. woot! etc etc)

Alright, I guess that's all I've got for now.
Talk to you later people.

Bugs and Hisses.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So much in so little time...