Saturday, July 18, 2009

Joss ripped off SeaQuest...

DUDE. Joss Whedon ripped off SeaQuest DSV!

I kid you not.

And bear in mind, I write this as still a card carrying member of the Mile High Browncoats (alright, I admit.. we didn't HAVE cards... but if you ever meet a Mile High Browncoat and mention Wicked.. well, the stories you'll hear. Yuppers folks.. thats me. Now mind you, you'll be opening a can of worms, and by the time all the stories are told about Wicked and Bree... you'll prolly end up with UV (Ugly Virgin, whos name.. i don't recall if I ever knew or not... Oh Jeremy.. thats it.. right?) dropping his pants and Moon laughing her tocks off- at you.) sorry.. lost track there. Yes, I am a Browncoat. I did my part to resurrect our beloved show, and get the movie. So please.. don't flame me for posting this. I'm just giving ya'll my observations.

Alright, we all by now know the basic plot of Serenity, which was Joss' Firefly resurrection. If you'll remember, the plot was basically this: (avoid if you haven't watched the movie, as I'd hate to spoil for those who haven't seen it)


Miranda - a planet where they attempted to manipulate the "Aggression factor" in the population via atmospheric chemical enhancement. - This was bad. It resulted in all but 10% of the population falling dead where they stood. The 10% Became the dirty little secret of the Alliance. This dirty little secret was known as the Reavers. Ravers would eat you alive, then kill you if your lucky. They terrorized space and were really bad.
This movie came out in 2005.

Now, go back to October 1994, Season 2, episode 3 of SeaQuest DSV (before it became SeaQuest 2032) an episode called "Sympathy for the Deep"

Underwater colony called "Miranda Colony" where after 10 years of peace suddenly started going homicidal on each other, including hallucinations and majorly violent psychotic episodes.
To top it off? Telepaths, were involved as well. Telepaths that decided to go homicidal and start killing each other. (River anyone?)

Alright, I'm going back to writing, though I'm exhausted from the Festival (blog to come) I'm apparently awake enough to be able to write. And going back to watching my beloved SeaQuest. Nothing like watching not one, but two Deluise boys when they were at the prime of their adorableness. Not to mention a slew of other cuties. Suddenly, I'm back in the Westlake house.. I'm in elementary school, and it's Sunday night and the family is sprawled around the family room enjoying some good SciFi.

I really need to stop watching tv shows from my childhood.. they are making me all nostalgic. (Hey look at that, spelled it correctly on the first go. Woot.)

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I'm the same way. However, you suck since you have it on DVD, while I'm searching the net.

I think I'll just watch Firefly. I love me some Mal. (I plan on one day having a brown-coated boxer dog named Mal)

Wicked said...

I have my local library to thank for the dvd status.
I won't have it in my own personal collection until after the move. Then of course I will have to own this show, if nothing else so my future kids can mock the amazing cgi. Which, for it's time.. was pretty damn good. Now, I look back on it and cringe at the unrefined and blockish creations. (And of course the kids must see the little educational clips they always had at the end. I loved those...)

And a brown coated boxer named Mal would be perfect. Though.. you'll have to be careful. He'll be stubborn as a mule and go chasing after dogs 5 times his size. ;-)

Mmm... Captain Tightpants... Must watch that soon. (And yes, _that_ I have on dvd.)

Marissa said...

Me too :-) And, I admit, I started watching Castle for the Nate F. goodness.

And ended up loving it. It's like Murder She Wrote for today. (And I want both shows on DVD or blu-ray when available)