Sunday, July 19, 2009

A most disgusting sight.

Another quick post because right now I'm quite frosted and so I must keep it short and simple. I can't even write right now, so I'm just going to work on my knitting.

Posting this before I forget about it.

Wanna know something that absolutely disgusted me yesterday?
I was driving home from the festival. Stopped and Whole Foods.

What do I see? I see a huge ass Hummer parked up on the curb outside the Whole Foods. And this woman loading groceries into the back of it.

Was it Military? Nope. Just a housewife. In a huge ass hummer, parked half way on the curb. Loading groceries from a grocer that is all about being "earth friendly" I wanted to smack that woman upside her head for having the hummer.

There is absolutely no reason what so ever that any civilian should ever have a Hummer.

And there is no amount of Local Grown or Free Trade groceries that will make up for what that person I saw yesterday was doing to the environment.

I'm going to go work on my knitting now.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

I used to feel somewhat embarassed when I'd drive up to farmers market in my huge-assed Sorento, and just little me climbing out of it. While it had tons of room for the dog, it wasn't exactly what we had wanted, it was just what we found.

Anyway, to make up for it, I now have a gas-friendly, low-emission vehicle, that is perfect.

(I always did have my own bags, does that count?)

rjccj said...

I think you may have found the new poster child for totally not getting it.

Leslie said...

I am SOOOOO glad I didn't witness that, I would have not been able to keep my mouth shut...

Anonymous said...

agree(1000000000)

Tracy said...

OH! I love you! You hate Hummers too! : )
When I see them on the road, I always want to drive into them... but then I remember my little car would be the one to come out of that poorly...