Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mick in the shower.. and Happy 4th of July

Alright.. that title sounds a bit.. well.. heh. But it's true.

Today, 4th of July.. I dyed some more yarn.
Friday, I went to my Local Yarn Shop.. spoke with Shop Mom, and she is willing to work with me when it comes to ordering some of the Panda Cotton from Crystal Palace Yarns.
While I was there, I picked up about 6 balls of yarn.
I dislike working in balls, because they are so small. Generally about 100 yards each. This is frustrating when I prefer my yarn to be.. SKEINS and about 450 yards.

But now I've gotten to play with some Panda Cotton, Classic Elite Bam Boo, Classic Elite Silk, and Plymouth Earth Oceanside Organic (cotton)

They all took the dye slightly differently, but all took the dye really well. The silk is the most muted of all of them. But that is the nature of silk.



He will also be for sale once I pick up my scale.. (should arrive at Evilmart any day now)

Knit Picks was having a sale, and I picked up some books. (At 40% off can ya blame me?!) Specifically I picked up:

which means I can in fact start working on my Avalanche Hockey Sweater once I get all the yarn.

lots of good patterns, and I am so far liking Toe Up socks.

which already has given me several great tips. Woot.

Right now X-Files season 1 is on the telly, some NY Strip Steaks are being cooked, and the rain just stopped. So Happy 4th of July everyone. Hope your having a good one.

Oh, I haven't forgotten the blog about JC in Denver.. and also I have another blog about not so fun drama that happened yesterday.. But don't want to blur that ickiness with todays awesomeness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rained here most of the day.But it waited till just after the BBQ was over.
We still have all the yard games set up but we spent most of the day inside.
An yes I kept my knitting stash hidden

Leslie said...

And Mick's in MY SHOWER, no less...

Can't wait to see him not so damp...