Monday, March 23, 2009

Flying Monkeys!

Yes, this Wicked girl has Flying Monkeys.

Wooohooo!

They are quite adorable. I ordered them from a shop on etsy.



Though, I have to admit that I am annoyed. As they were not as they were advertised. The description stated that they were "Lobster Clasp" markers. Meaning when you screw up and stitch them into the stitch of your knitting instead of just moving it along your needle, you cannot at all remove it without either cutting IT or ripping out all the knitting you just did (better pray you didn't realize your mistake after a very long row)
And you cannot use it to mark various spots in your knitting like I just did for my Wicked Verdigris vest.
So off to Hobby Lobby went I, to get some Lobster clasps and to get a few beads to make them extra pretty.
And I have remembered that me+hobby lobby+beads=bad idea. Well, bad idea for my wallet that it.
Had to get a few other beads so that I can make my own markers, even though I have beads upstairs. Which, I will go through and use as well... really i will... *shifty eyes* good thing, my bead box is compact and can be shipped to the uk with no issues.
I did pick up some pretty metal type beads that look rather steampunkish. So that'll be fun to work with. Who knows, mayhaps I'll throw them up on Etsy and make a buck or two.

I also bought some yarn that I shouldn't. 2 little skeins (and I say little. About 95 yards each.. ) of some cotton that was in pretty colors.
I bought a pretty Bamboo spun yarn that reminds me of fluffy chenille yarn. So *shrugs* the companies are starting to understand that we dont want just boring yarn.
Also they are starting to learn that yarn is safer for the planet.
Bamboo replenishes it's self in 56 days as opposed to wood that takes 56 years to regrow to the same height.
I also got a Spa yarn that is also bamboo. It is this pretty pearl type color. It is actually called "misty taupe" but it's more pearl than taupe. I'll have fun playing with it. And the good news, is it is DK weight. WOOOHOOO! So, I'll really get to play with it, and mayhaps make myself another Alexandra if I so desire. Who knows. We'll see. But now I gots me some options.

I could not find myself any Hat Boxes, which I need to get at least 2. I guess I'm going to have to go online to find them. I remember a time where you could walk into Hobby Lobby and see an entire aisle of Hat Boxes because people were using them for crafting and gifts etc. Now, no such luck.

I honestly don't care what they look like, I just need them to protect the hat that I bought from Traveler and a few other hats that I do not want to damage in transit. And honestly, they should be in boxes now just to avoid all the dust that is Colorado Springs.

Update on the Wicked Verdigris:
I am almost done. I have the last section pinned on and waiting to be stitched. I need to try it on first and make sure it falls the way I want it to. But then I'll be done. Woohoo. I would have finished last night, but I was just far too tired.
Though putting it together, the project has been very simple. Yes, sometimes putting it together felt like a puzzle, but now that I've done one, I know what to expect and it's not that difficult. I just need to remember to mark my rows next time so that I'm not doing ungodly amounts of row counting when it's all done. (Which is when lobster clasp stitch markers come in handy. That, or saftey pins) Next time I'll just mark every ten rows with a marker and leave 'em alone.

This weekend I was watching Witchblade. I gotta say I miss that show so very much. I love it. I will own it. Yuppers.
This means I really will need a region 1 dvd player in the house, because it took 10 years to get Witchblade on dvd (okay, only like 8 or 9 years, but you see where I'm going with this) and I doubt it'll get onto Region 2 any time soon.
And I still want my 2000 Buell. It's soooo pretty. Come on.. it's sexy. You know it's sexy.

Randomly:
I cannot believe that in today's day and age, a "serious" author can get away with using the word Frememy. It makes me cringe.
Wait, I just figured it out. The character of Milagros (sp?) in the books of Casa Dracula is always saying that no one considers writing to be a real career or "work", perhaps this is simply the author translating her own experience. Yup. that has to be it. So she doesn't consider herself doing any real work, and therefore can use words like "Frememy" and just have pretty bad novels. Why does at least one word in every sentence of this book have to be in spanish? And I'm sorry, I lived in California, not everyone intersperses their vocab with spanish, or spanglish even. And dude, I lived in SoCal. Even closer to the border than SanFran. But then, this is Marta's (the author) world, and I guess if in her world she thinks that everyone is of some form of hispanic descent, or if they are not they obviously hate the little mexican girls and obviously think them sluts... Hmmm thats starting to sound rather racist a hypothesis. But it's her world.. not mine. Hmm another interesting point.. not a single person of another race other than White and Mexican are in the books.. how very odd. I remember SanFran, and it's quite a mixed city. but dear lord everyone she meets is hispanic.. or white. Thats it. I would hate to live my life like that to be honest.

Not to mention, SanFran has the BEST chinese food. And I mean seriously, there is a reason for that. Last time I was there we drove through like 40 minutes of traffic just to get some proper dim sum.

I'm starting to rant. Again, I just need to remind myself to finish the book. At least I'm half way done, and I can pretend that I didn't hear that she is writing a 4th book. If I don't know about it, I won't be forced to read it by compulsion.

On another completely random note:
I absolutely cannot believe that it is already March 23rd. This month has flown. Woohoo.
I can't wait for it to be over and another month bites the dust.

Though, unfortunately i'm already being plagued with heat dreams. The weather is warming, the odd dreams begin.

I'm going to have to buy a new bottle of sleeping pills if this doesn't stop. I gave Mother of Mine my last bottle.
Sigh, the dreams are as bad as insomnia. This isn't fair, and it's not conducive towards me not snapping at work. So must take steps to remedy.

Well, I guess I've slacked off enough this morning.

6 comments:

rjccj said...

Just have to say, the flying monkeys rank way up there on the cool scale.

The Frizzy Hooker said...

"Fremeney" That made my morning.
good luck on sleeping, I wake up all night long. I just want someone to hit me on the head sometimes so I will get a good nights sleep.

Wicked said...

James:
Yeah the flying monkeys are pretty sweet.

Wicked said...

The Frizzy Hooker:
Glad you I could make your morning with that.

The sleeping... is slowly starting to happen. Plagued by weird dreams still, but at least my cat has been pacified.

Leslie said...

You cat has been pacified? What did you make those ankle covers when I wasn't looking?

Great photo of your monkeys BTW.

Wicked said...

@Mom
He has been pacified on the food vs how early I get out of bed situation.
Nah, he'll still get my ankles if I let him, and No I haven't made the quasi socks yet. He doesn't wake me up at crack of bum dawn because he's hungry. So thats why I haven't killed him.