Saturday, March 28, 2009

I must be insane..

S'hokay.

I am officially insane.

As about 30 minutes ago.. I officially purchased a pair of size 35 knitting needles.

What does that mean?

That means I now own a pair of needles that are basically like knitting with tree trunks.

They are no where near the largest needles one can have, but they to me.. are absolutely huge.

Yes, I bought these for a reason.

No, I won't tell you why yet, as it's a secret. Ha ha ha.

My needles should arrive in a few days. Then I get to play. Oh wait, not really as I still need to buy the yarn for this particular project.

Today was an odd day as I spent part of the morning struggling to get the piano stand to actually... hold up the piano. Parts of it look warped, which some how doesn't surprise me. Considering where the piano came from, it very very much does not surprise me that the stand is warped.

So I am now coming up with alternatives, so that I can actually use the piano. Yup, this is me. The girl who is using 2 book shelves and the spare shelves from my china cabinet(which is currently my tv cabinet.. which works since I don't have any china) as my desk.
So, I've got one chest of drawers that is a good height, and I just need to figure something out for the other side. I'm thinking another little bookshelf that I've realized has been buried behind the boxes. Why this shelf doesn't have more than 5 books in it, is because it's one of those tilted book shelves, and always used to use it, but this time all my books are in the downstairs shelves and or the other book cases around the house. So the tilted one generally gets saved for the odd sized books.
Chest of drawers + tilted book shelf + Shakespeare's unabridged and annotated complete collection = piano stand. (the Shakespeare won't get damaged and will be just about the right height to make the shelves even)

I'm going to completely start from the beginning again, which works since it looks like the books that came along with the piano are the beginning level. So, even if I'm still at the self taught beginner level... by the time I move to the uk and then finally actually have lessons someday.. I hopefully won't be a complete loss cause.


Okay.. off to make dinner.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I read your blog... and feel almost linear!

Hugs!