Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Santa Olivia, Snow, and a date with James..

So, I plan on avoiding the whole "female body part + weapon of some kind+ tattoo" cover art that is soooo popular in the whole paranormal novel sector.. but if I do throw a girl on the cover of my book..

I want it to look as awesome as this cover on Jacqueline Carey's new book "Santa Olivia":



Cause that is just freaking sweet. But, I am trying to avoid anything like that.

Oh and I am not so patiently waiting for the library. I'm almost tempted to just buy the damn hardcovers so that I can read that and Naamah's kiss.

A storm front moved in last night. I woke up to snow on the grass and my car. None on the road.

As soon as I got into work, I got one of my ugly headaches.
And it hasn't gone away. Even though the sun is shining, and the sky is clear.. The pressure in my head has not.

It is quite frustrating.

But you know what, I'm able to type most of this blog with my eyes shut, which I have to say is pretty cool. (seriously, the last sentence was entirely typed with my eyes shut, and no changes were made to it. Opening my eyes, I screwed up this sentence at least 3 times if not more. And screwed up 'seriously' at least twice.)



I am home now, my headache has not yet dissipated to my knowledge, but I also don't really plan on moving but for to go to the ladies when necessary.

I have a date with Bond tonight.. .mmmmm James...

Well, later ya'll.

3 comments:

rjccj said...

Glad I'm not the only one that things the whole blunt sex motif is overdone with the book covers. I freely admit, I really like some of the LKH covers. But the theme does kinda get old. Probably why I like the Sookie covers as much as I do. They're just cute and I think the art style is cool. But I hate the True Blood cover of Dead Until Dark.

But yeah, Carey's covers are gorgeous and I'm really starting to get excited about both Santa Olivia and Naamah's Kiss.

Hope you're feeling better today after your Bonding experience last night.

Anonymous said...

who is your favorite Bond?

Wicked said...

Sean will always be the best... I enjoyed Pierce as he was the one I grew up with... and Daniel... well, I think he's a little bulky for a role, but he's doing a damn fine job so far in my opinion.