Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Perspective and Doctor Who socks...

So, I am blogging at work out of sheer boredom. So please forgive any typos.

Lets run a few things down.
Last month, was hell at work.

Friday.. the last work day of the month, was a "meh" one for me. I got spoken to about some negative feedbacks that I had gotten. That always puts me in an ancy mood. For the record, 1 of them was COMPLETELY bogus. the lady must have been smoking crack, because I know I didn't do any of the things she said I did. And considering the next ticket she had under her name, she was helped by someone at *cough* another help desk that will remain nameless... it would not surprise me if she simply mixed up who helped her on which ticket. I know I didn't do what she said I did because 1) if I connect with her computer at all, I freaking put our entire ticket template in the ticket. if I simply give her instructions on how to fix it, I don't. Guess what, there was no template. i did not connect with her computer, therefore I could not have put her on hold for 10 minutes while connected to her machine. 2)I dont' put people on hold. I detest hold music, so the only time someone gets put on hold with me is when I'm calling the other help desks per process. This, was not the case for her situation.
The lady was smokin' something. (and yes, I'm trying to keep things mostly vague so that I don't get in trouble)
Another one of the tickets was also mostly bogus.
But still, here I was freaking out about 4 negative feedbacks.

The weekend rolls about, and Sunday as you all know was the Vamp Club sign up. Which I made it by the by. I was the second person to sign up, but I think the 1st person and I signed up at the same time, she jsut got in a second faster. No biggie, I'm in. Thats all that matters.

Monday, I'm still in a Vampy club high.. I drive into work determined that it is going to be a good day, and that it is going to be a good Month.

I start working... my boss comes over and tells me that they had to layoff 4 people. This did not surprise me. And the choices did not surprise me. I just wish there had been one more specific name on the list. But alas it wasn't.

Now, with Friday still fresh in my mind, I start panicking even more.

About an hour later, I start doing my Month totals.

Now again, I'm not going to go into too much detail.
847. Thats the amount of 1st call attempt tickets I did.
then throw in about 200 other inbound calls/ and or 2nd call attempt tickets.

yup, I did approx 1000 tickets the month of Feb. Holy crap. No wonder I was stressed.

Lets put this in perspective, our entire desk, did just over 4000 tickets for the month.

We had anywhere between 9-15 people each day depending on need.

I did a fucking quarter of the entire months work??????

Once I found that out... yeah.. I felt better. I feel slightly safe.

Moving along.
The past 2 days though have been completely slow and boring. The complete opposite of Feb, so sigh. It makes the desire to work even less.
This morning, I created an entire TARDIS sock chart in MS Excel.
I was frustrated, because after searching for a good TARDIS image, and then turning it into a sketch format, and then having to basically redraw the entire thing... Knitpro still didn't give me a chart I liked. And seriously.. all that photo editing was done in crappy MS paint of all things.

But, I now have a good chart from Excel.. I'm waiting on a little bit of info from a girl who's socks I based the pattern off of, and then I might start knitting them up. Who knows. Either way, when I do finally start knitting socks, I have a pattern to try and the BBC can't yell at me since I did not purchase, nor am I selling the pattern or the final product I shall create.

But now that I have finished that little project, I am insufferably bored.

I could leave early, but I don't want to. I like leaving early on Fridays.

I guess I should go back to work now.

Later people.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Well, I shall look forward to seeing what you came up with. Sorry it is so slow for you, TIC.

rjccj said...

Geez...pressures of being the best at what you do huh?

TARDIS socks=awesome. That's all I have to say about that.