Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The impossible hunt for raw fish...

So yesterday was Mother of Mine's birthday as I had mentioned.

As I also mentioned part of my day was not so bueno. But, as I cut myself off from a lot of things (oddly, I was extra chatty on Ravelry and Facebook) it made it a sort of okay day.

My afternoon was spent suffering through training I did not need. But as everyone needed to officially take it, I was stuck listening to things I had mentioned we as a desk need to work on.

My last break of the day, I call to check on my car. Still no news, but a promise that they will call me back shortly. Yeah, I still have not recieved a callback from them the entire time they have had my car. The only reason I know anything (which amounts to nothing) is because I call them at least once a day. (I didn't call on Sunday because I didn't expect anything really till Monday). So yeah. No news. Bummer.

Then Mom picks me up. We head home. my two packages arrived, one was mom's birthday gift, the other was my Zen. Woohoo! I tried not to be tooooo excited as it was supposed to be mom's day.

We finished watching Army Wives, and then about 4:45 we started to head out for dinner. The plan: Sushi.
So we go to Mobo down the street. They were supposedly open at 4:30 for dinner. Nope, lights are off and nobody is home.
So we head down the street to Jun, I've been there once for my own birthday many years ago when I first moved to Colorado Springs, once again lights are off and nobody is home. But they aren't supposed to open till 5:00. It's about 10 till. But there is absolutely no movement inside at all.
So we head across the street to Tako, which neither of us have been to. Lights are off, nobody is home, it's 5 till 5 and they are supposed to open at 5.

We are both hungry, so we decide to just say screw it and go to Whole Foods. I don't mind cooking and we can get something good.
So, for the price we most likely would have spent on a good meal of Sushi, we got a few meals and dessert.
For dinner, we ended up with Asparagus, steamed Fresh Wild Clams, and sourdough bread. YUM. Of course my clams all were gritty, but thats fine, mom's weren't. And when you have clams, your gonna get some grit. It always happens. Specially when they are wild. We shared an eclair type concoction that mom wanted, and it was good, just not my cup of tea. I'm a Bavarian cream filled eclair type girl as opposed to whip cream filled. But the ganache on top made it alll so yummy. Of course I felt sick as a dog after two bites, but still it was worth it. (Whip cream and I don't get along)

We watched Stargate Continuum. I liked it. I miss Stargate. I miss the humor. I will own it on dvd. Hmm I really do need to start working on my Stargate washcloths again..

Now, as everyone is dying to know, I got mom her first set of Knit Picks interchangeable needles.

Which, are these:


I also got her The Tudors Season 2

Now, I hadn't planned on buying any dvds, as the goal was to buy things that were super useful, and not things that might not work later if she moves to the UK. So dvds and books are no longer my fallback.

But for the price, it was unbeatable. So I had to get it. Not to mention, neither of us have seen season 2. So it's something we can both enjoy for the first time. And I know she'll use it later on.

I also made her a card. Yeah I'm silly that way. I make cards rather than buy them.

For the house, I bought us Bones Season 1, as it was only 14.99$. Which was a STEAL! Sadly, it's not Bones Season 3 like I really really want right now, but I'll survive.

Today, I did not want to get out of bed at all. Which is not uncommon on Wednesdays. So far my back is not yet tweaking but it's not happy my neck is a little stiff and mostly I just want to go back to sleep. I hate DST.

Almost done with Deja Dead, but not quite yet. Didn't get to read yesterday afternoon, nor at work. So I've got about 90 pages left. I'm sure I'll finish it before it's due, which will be nice. I haven't decided what my next book should be. Hmm I guess I should decide that today, so that it will come when I return this one.

Well, I guess it's time for me to get back to work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ren and I went out for Chinese yesterday.And yes I did hit all the different kind of sushi.I like it with wasabi and ginger yummmmmm