Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Selfish book reading

My day started out fine.
Woke up on time without being too groggy (I'm sure the daytime cold med stuff helped)

Wished Mother of Mine a happy birthday before she very kindly drove me to work.

Nope, I still don't have my car. Apparently the mechanic that was working on my car called in sick yesterday. It is never a good idea to throw someone else onto looking at someone's car if someone else has already been working on it. That would be like doing surgery and half way through the surgery switching doctors, and not telling the second doctor what's already been done.

Tonight there is the possibility of Sushi. Which will be nice.

Last night, I spent the evening watching Army Wives (season 1)- which is a show that I'm starting to like and reading my book. It's due in a few days, and so I'm trying to plow through it so that it's not late. I can't renew it unfortunately, and it's not the kind of book I think I could just put down for a few weeks and pick it back up when it comes back to me from the library. So, I've only got about 110 pages left, and if I'm sneaky like I was yesterday, I'll be able to get it finished before it's due.

Wanna know something that annoys me?

Or I should say it annoys me right now...

animated cartoons that show nothing but busty women, and people screaming every 3 seconds. Seizure inducing flashing lights, and fighting every 5 minutes.

What is this you ask?
Anime.

I used to love it. When I was a kid.

I still occasionally watch it, but it is rare. the screaming is what annoys me the most. And every few minutes in an anime, someone is screaming.

There are exceptions to the rule, of course. But even those exceptions aren't exceptions really.

The other night I watched My Neighbor Totoro. One of my favorite movies. No violence, no gravity defying breasts, but... there is of course yelling.

I also have other reasons for not liking anime right now, which I shall not go into.

Lets just say that this morning is no longer a good one. Thank you very much.

The only good thing about right now is apparently I spelled Neighbor correctly, which is a first. Apparently I need to be angry or upset to spell correctly.

There has been no knitting done. And none shall be done until I'm done reading my darn book. I even *gasp* took a library book to bed with me. And you all know how I don't do that ever.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I still love the Hellsing anime. There are busty women, but at least the woman in charge is normal looking.

Leslie said...

At least we got there before the snow started and you did what, took a library book to bed, what were you thinking!!! You might actually get it done in time then.