Sunday, March 8, 2009

Knitting...

So, the one line note yesterday that I did about my knitting not turning out how I wanted.

Well after letting it percolate all yesterday afternoon and last night and this morning...

I think I have come up with some new ideas I need to try to see if I can get it to work.

I am determined to make this project work. And yeah the first go didn't work out. That is not surprising, it was my very first attempt at free hand knitting. It's also an odd and awkward shape, so the normal rules don't necessarily apply.

This time I'm going to work completely backwards, that might work a bit better.

I do apologize for the very angst driven blog yesterday.. I just had hit the wall. I then proceeded to hit the wall again later in the day.

Last month was a killer month at work. But on the home/personal front, last month was fine. Nothing dramatic happened.

This month it seems that work might be fine, but the personal front is a nightmare.

I spent at least 3 hours untangling yarn last night, and I'm not anywhere close to being done cleaning it. Sigh.

Still no news yet on my car, and it's past noon already.
Can i say I hate Daylight Savings time? It sucks.

I started yesterday working on a non Knitting project.. won't go into details about it as its rather girly, mayhaps I'll post about it once they get finished. I didn't get to do much more than cut out my little templates of the pattern, because I needed to wash the fabric.
So today, I get to iron the fabric and then actually possibly start sewing. I really should just table to project though till I finish cleaning my yarn. I do need to get that shipped off to Jen @ Fresh from the Cauldron sooner rather than later.

gotta say, I cannot wait to see this yarn dyed. It feels sooooo wonderful. I can't wait to start working with it.

I guess I don't really have anything else to ramble about right now.. So I guess I'll end it here.

4 comments:

rjccj said...

Good luck on the freehanding. Look forward to seeing your girly project when it gets done. :)

Wicked said...

umm you prolly wouldn't want to see the project when it's done.

The knitting project and the girly project are two very separate projects and generally.. not one you should be excited about.

Marissa said...

I do NOT *heart* daylight savings. Gah. Because of the stupid "spring forward" I didn't get up until 10:00 a.m. It was already too hot to walk the dog, and she has been driving me batty since.

rjccj said...

You know with my ham hands and total lack of creativity that the whole creation thing fascinates me. Knitting, sewing, building something....it all blows my mind. Really love hearing you talk about the stuff you feel so passionately about because it is so absolutly foriegn to me.