Friday, March 6, 2009

Slippery Slopes and Torchwood Babiez

So other than posting the new colorway.. wait.. did I do that yesterday, or was it the day before???

Either way, yesterday was not a day for much of anything. As soon as I walked into work, I got hit with one of my migraines. Ugh. Joy.

Thankfully I was able to keep it mostly at bay, and then by the time I went home it was gone. I am glad I didn't let my boss convince me to go home.

I did not do a lick of knitting yesterday, nor writing, nor reading, nor much of anything.

Well thats not true.. yesterday while at work, I started typing up the "chatty" bit of a pattern I'm creating. Meaning the backstory of why it has come about.
And I read a few pages in Another Life (Torchwood) before going to sleep. But otherwise.. not much was done.

Finished watching Hamish MacBeth season 2, I like that show. This season bugged me a bit on a few things, but it ended well enough. and egads.. Robert Carlyle was so young!

Today was one of those days starting off...
wide awake when my alarm first went off. Then immediately realized that i could not wait 30 minutes before using the ladies. Sigh. Out of bed. Back in bed. Quite literally i started to be the most comfortable, the perfect temperature, and in "mmm sleeeeeeep" mode, literally minutes before my alarm was to go off again. Sigh. Thats just bloody not fair!
Getting ready for the day, I had an odd combination of Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody - the "nothing really matters" part) mixed with one of the Wicked songs. Now that I am typing this out, i cannot recall which song. But it was a very weird and perfect combination. lol.

I sit here at work, a touch of a headache starting. I think I've tweaked my neck which is causing this... but so far it's at bay.
And I've only got 4 hours left in my work day right now, with not much to do.

I've got one or two errands to run when I get off work but then I'll be home.. chilling, and hopefully knitting. I want to get the pattern worked out, so that I can have someone test it. I have to admit that I'm going to be very proud of myself if this works out, because it will be a pattern that I have fully created. I'm not going off of someones instructions, I'm not going off of anything I already know. I'm doing it myself, with only the occasional question to Mother of Mine on how to do a stitch that is necessary that I've never done.
That point might put me to a stopping point, due to needing "the perfect yarn" to actually do the project. Right now it's just being done in my "stitch practicing" yarn. I unfortunately doubt I'll find the perfect color in a non wool yarn, therefore I will either have to have someone dye it for me.. or I'll just have to dye it myself. I have a feeling I'll have to dye it myself to get it exactly the way i want it. Which means possibly tabling the project till I move to the UK, because as I've decided, I'm not going to learn how to dye or start a new hobby while here in the US. But, I don't know.. mayhaps a 1 time breaking of the rule?


No.. i prolly shouldn't do that. It's a slippery slope, because I'm already thinking about two projects I want to do in a solid color yarn that I will most likely have to dye myself. (that would be one batch of dye for 2 projects because I want them both in that color....)

See the slippery slope??

Now on to some fun stuff... I've been meaning to share it previously.. but kept forgetting..

Torchwood Babiez

And yes, i have decided that when I spawn.. and the spawn is still too young to be in anything more than a "bundle" type costume.. I shall have my spawn be a Ianto babiez. I think he's absolutely adorkable. I love it.

My other fave is of course the Doctor Babiez. the slipper.. the glasses.. the absolutely adorableness of it all... i could die from the cuteness.

1 comment:

rjccj said...

Hope the headache goes away and you have a good Friday.

And thank you for sharing. That is just...amazingly adorkable. Needed the laugh.