Sunday, December 14, 2008

306...

"306, in only one day.. if it was an accident, where were the tears?"

Oh wait, silly me. Not 306, but 603.
I couldn't help it, as soon as I realized how many words I typed up, I had the Emilie Autumn song "306" running through my head.

I finally knocked out about 3 pages of long hand from my notebook. And almost every word was painful to type. Admittedly, I did get some changes made as I was typing it up, so a few unnecessary words got the axe, and a few were added. All in all, I think it evened it's self out.

I still have more pages to type up, but unfortunately my 'tocks keeps going to sleep, and it is far toooooo cold in this house to type up properly right now. The thermostat is set at 60, and I have a little heater in front of me. I've got thick socks, my slippers on (that i hate wearing on the couch because they have an outdoor sole and it urks me.),a sweater, i've got a very fluffy scarf around my neck, and I've got some wrist warmers on. I feel quite pathetic actually. And I feel the weather happening, as I've got a skoosh of a headache coming on.. Stupid snow.

But, at least I've finally gotten a bit typed up. 603 words added to chapter 5.

I think I have discovered something that i will need to continue to test. It has nothing to do with writing per say, but it does have to do with my willingness to do anything, including writing.
I finally found a pillow arrangement on the couch that helps with my back, only to have discovered that it promptly makes my 'tocks fall asleep in a most painful way. I don't have much flesh there, but what I do have doesn't like being set with pins and needles. lol. So I will have to find something to fix that little problem. But going back to what I was actually talking about, I have been drinking Catnip tea.
Of course, not fresh catnip.. I really do need to pick up a catnip plant and see if I can keep it alive. I know my cat will be happy if I can keep a Nip plant alive for the both of us. Right now he is quite jealous whenever i set myself up with a cuppa nip.
I think the fresh nip will also be much more beneficial towards my goal of 'relaxing', and specifically relaxing the back. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I think I've been less snappish since I started on the nip. I don't know if Mother of Mine would agree or not. I'm hoping that it's not just wishful thinking on my part. I don't like being cranky.
Hopefully tomorrow, as most likely I'll be into work early, I'll type up the remaining pages that I have left to type up. That'll be good.
Tomorrow will suck though, as I have not yet recieved the call, but I have a feeling I will. Snow Plan. Dread.
It was snowing pretty much all day.
I was told by Mother of Mine before she went out for the afternoon (giving me a blissful chance to watch a horrible Ski movie and type up the pages I've already talked about), that there was blue sky, and it wasn't snowing.
As I didn't hazard to look, I will just take her word for it. Now it is dark. I'll check in a bit to see if the snow has started again. The drive will suck as if it got warm enough this afternoon with that blue sky, that means the snow that there was earlier will freeze. Making my 5:30 drive 1) have to start sooner, and 2) scary, slippery, and terrifying.
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm the only one who does my job at 6 am, or I should say, the only one who CAN do my job (none of my lackeys get in until 7 at the earliest), I would almost ask to have my schedule changed for the remainder of winter. Even pushing my start time to 7 am would make the driving a little better. But since I am also right now the only Team Lead in at 6 am (the other one gets pimped out to the other desk at 6:05 which means I am the one holding the fort down), there is no way I can change my schedule. Well, I could if I really asked for it, but that would be putting them out unfortunately, and that is the last thing I want to do. Nah, I'll deal with it. IF it really comes down to me fearing for my life due to the driving conditions, I will speak to my boss, and he'll work with me. But I'm not to that point yet.

Okay I'm rambling. I think I'm off to find a piece of that Apple pie Mother of Mine made today. It is nummy. Or I might have dinner, which will either be the left over barley soup she made, or the meatloaf that she made today.

Later peoples.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Child, I am so sorry that your da gifted you with a dearth of tocks, I feel your pain. 603, eh? Moving along then?