Monday, December 22, 2008

You remind me of the Babe..

Last night I did not get anything written when I went to bed. I was so exhausted. I did however decide on the name of a vampire. Previously he had been a question mark, but I have decided that yes, this is his name, and it is entirely different than the one he was using. It's also, to me.. utterly modern and normal. Which works for what I was going for. A younger vamp. Doesn't like the rules necessarily. Nope no Spike or Armand. Nothing exotic, nor sinister. It is a name off the category I don't like, so technically to me, it is a sinister name. But no one would know. Should I share? Hmm.... Well, I won't share, but I will give you a tiny morsel. It starts with a J.

And no, though I have been having Labyrinth-centric thoughts recently, it is not Jareth. *grins* sadly, I wish I had money to spend, as there is an artists I found on one of my LJ groups *gagging noise related to LJ*, who made the most adorable worm. I want one. Someday, I will have the money and I will have my little worm.


She has an Etsy store, where he is not for sale (As he is being sold to someone privately) But the original post of him can be found here. Linky
Also, her Etsy store can be found here.

I am constantly having visions of my future "Office" and some day I Shall have it.
Just little things around my office to remind me of inspiration. Labyrinth was always a movie that inspired me.

Today at work was surprisingly busier than I had imagined it would be. I actually had to *gasp* work.
I was also informed (after they informed me the opposite information) that I will not be working on Christmas. Damn them. Yes, first they tell me it's confirmed. I will be, then 2 hours later they come by and tell me that no, they were wrong. Sigh.

But I have a feeling it will get a bit quieter at work the next 2 days. Generally at this point in the season, if it's broke, and isn't stopping mail flow.. they don't care. They'll leave it till after the holiday.

Update on The Graveyard Book. I think it is absolutely delightful. Neil Gaiman has a great way to make a story unfold right before you. I will own this book, and I hope that either my children will read it, or someday I will read it to them.

I guess thats all for now, I need to avoid eating all the cookies and brownies Mother of Mine just made.

3 comments:

rjccj said...

Congrats on coming up with a name. That's awesome.

Very cool little wormy dude. lol

Gotta love getting lead on by a nice trail of breadcumbs into a big disappointment. *blows raspberries at them*


mmmm Brownies. Yeah, I think the other day I acctually reached my limit on cookie dough. lol Never thought that would happen. lol

Leslie said...

Mother of yours is not twisting your arm to eat those cookies and bars. never mind you hates shortbread, you do. Just offering up some temptation is all...

Squibstitcher said...

OMG!!! How cute! I love that worm! That was my favorite scene in the movie when I was a kid, too. I'd quote it like crazy over-and-over driving my parents nutz! ^_^