Thursday, December 11, 2008

Early morning brainstorming

So this morning as I was getting ready for work, and also while driving to work, I had a brilliant bit of brainstorming.
So much that at one stop light, there was no way for me to stifle the giggles that resulted.
I love the concept of both the little bits of brainstorming I had, and as they are both quite seperate they will be nice little plot additions to the novel.

I have to admit, one of them very much is a dig against Stephanie Meyer and her "vampires" I'm sorry.. but really.. they aren't very good vampires in my opinion.

It shall be amusing, and I wonder how many people will get the reference? When my official website is up after the book gets published, I wonder what fan will ask that question. I look forward to it. After all, it was partly due (but not entirely, there are at least 6 other Vampire authors who inspired me either by being great, or by being horrible) to Stephanie that I was inspired to write my own novel. Very much the feeling of "Ugh, I can do better than that." I just hope time proves me right.

The other little idea was due to having Voltaire stuck in my head, and I can't believe I hadn't added him to my "Inspiration" Mix list. So that idea is partly Voltaire, and is a concept that Charlaine Harris touched on in her books. No, I am not stealing Bubba. No Elvis for me. Someone better in my opinion.
But to me it makes sense that if there are vampires, why wouldn't there be the occasional historical figure? I mean, Vampires travel through time, who's to say that they didn't live a "life" and in that life become famous, then receed back into their undead hidden lifestyle? Or who's to say that a vampire didn't run across a brilliant individual who just happened to be famous, and decide to keep them? There are so many possibilities when it comes to the whole "living forever" concept.

On a random note, I've for some odd reason started reading Laurell K Hamiliton's blog, and I have to admit... it all makes sense now. I had noticed, especially in oh... the last dozen or so books.. (... everything past the Killing Dance) that it felt very... formulaic. Well, reading her most recent blog, she basically admitted to having a formula. Also she admitted that she was Rushing because the deadline was this week. Well.. that explains so much. That explains why the books are nothing but formulaic garbage. You cannot have every book in your series be A,b,c sometimes.. you have to have A, Z, C, F, and so on. Change it up. Yes, there has to be order to it, but you don't have to always have fight;morgue scene; fight; crime scnene; final confrontation with bad guy; morgue scene as the only formula. That also shows me, that she rights all her sex scenes first. No wonder I can't stand them anymore. It's sad though, I really did enjoy her books in the begining.

I have to say, there are some days where I really do love the drive into work. Don't get me wrong. I still count down the days until I no longer have to do it. 18 months. 18 months... but today was rather beautiful. The moon was very full, I'm a bad little witch and I don't know if it is exactly full right now, or if it is just simply close. I used to be able to tell you without batting an eyelash. But.. hey.. i've been stressed. But I digress... The moon was absolutely beautiful. It was huge. It was this beautiful yellow color, and I got to see it for just about 2 minutes before I blinked and it was gone behind the mountains.

And on a random note: Happiness, is when unfortunately you have the bed all to yourself (other than the cat) and you have an electric blanket. I am now sold. If it wasn't for that blanket, I would be miserable.

Edit: Man my back hurts. It's now making me cranky. I think I really need to meditate again. I haven't in far too long. Stupid crankiness.

No comments: