Monday, December 29, 2008

Finally the holidays are over.. well almost..

So I realize that I haven’t updated in a few days, I apologize for that. I simply wanted to make sure I gathered my thoughts entirely before posting, and before I knew it the weekend was over!

I did not work on Christmas day.
But it was mellow.

As I am at work right now, I cannot recall the little bits and pieces that I got as gifts, but I’ll try my best.
I got a game of Scrabble as I had been wanting recently to play it. Two reasons: 1) it’s a fun game. 2) it will help with my vocabulary and spelling.
I got a new neck gator from Mother of Mine that is quite Steamy. It’s tones of white, grey and black, with brass buttons that apparently were… oh I can’t recall at the moment, but they belonged to some relation of mine. And they were quite perfect. Yes it’s a button up neck gator, which I like, makes it a bit easier to deal with in the taking off and on.
Mother of mine also made me a paper portfolio. Her first attempt. It turned out rather well, and already it is holding a gaggle of loose papers I had sitting around.
I got a slew of other things, mostly small things that I can use.
On a rather amusing note; Mother of Mine and I both got each other Neil Gaiman’s Coraline for each other. Of course the reasons were almost opposite. I got it for her because it has knitting in it, though she might not be a fan of Neil Gaiman. She got it for me because I am a fan of Neil Gaiman, though I might not care about the knitting aspect. We were both tickled pink due to that.
Hunny of mine’s package arrived with a whole bunch of gifts, dating back all the way to last Valentines day. It was sweet. I balled like a baby when I opened the box before Christmas. But I did keep the 2 Christmas pressies separate and opened them on Christmas proper. Of course my mad Divination skillz worked against me when I moved the package from the box to the tree. And I unfortunately knew what it was. He was very sweet and got me Horatio Hornblower, because he knows it’s one of my favorite series. Well, he forgot that I already own it. But it’s all good, as I only had half the series, and also, he was smart and got me Region 2. (Which is the UK region coding)
I was able to try the hack I have for my dvd player, and I now am able to play region 2 dvds on my dvd player. So yes, he realizes the dvd’s will be shipped back to him sometime in the next 17 months but it’s all good. It was very sweet.

Christmas day was mostly spent playing games, watching movies, and just generally lounging about.

I had to work on Friday, but only for 5 hours, so really it was no big deal.

The weekend was spent pretty much doing nothing but reading, watching movies, and lounging about.
I finished reading Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book, and I must say I loved it. I will own that book, and it is certainly one I want my children to read some day. The themes were brilliant as always.

I started reading “Full Dark House” by Christopher Fowler, which so far is good. I’m enjoying it. Can’t really say much about it at the moment though as I’m still so much in the beginning.

As far as my novel goes, I am quite proud.
I actually got a few pages written yesterday, and many notes jotted and ideas also jotted. I still have not finished chapter 5, nor actually worked on it very much, but that’s alright. I’ll finish it when I finish it. At least I’m being productive though and working on the chapters that aren’t fighting me.

I spent 15$ on a pen, which seems slightly ridiculous, but I like the pen. It’s got a fat grip therefore it doesn’t hurt my hands. And it’s a black pen, red pen, and mechanical pencil all in one. So yeah… so far it’s proving worth it. Makes adding notes or editing my long hand a lot easier.

On other news, the hair… it has finally been dyed. Coming home so early on Friday allowed me to dye my hair while it was still in the warm part of the day. Of course, the nape of my neck was freezing all day long after that, but meh. I survived. It is a neat color of black, with brown, with red.
I have also figured out what to do about my feline issue for the weekends. I let him out at 5 am, I go downstairs with him, feed him, tell him to go to the litter box (which he actually listens to me), and then he and I go back up to bed so I can sleep more weither he likes it or not. Thus far it has proven to work, and he generally just curls up in bed with me without protest.

I didn’t yesterday get to go to the Girls Night party, simply because my back was tweaking so much. 1) Sundays are never good for me to go out and do things. 2) Sunday afternoons are even worse. If you want to see me on a Sunday, make it Sunday morning around brunch time. That’s when I’m willing to do stuff.
But my back was tweaking so much that I was not in a state to be social (which unfortunately Mother of Mine can attest to)

I really should get back to work. So off I go.

Really I had written more, about a touchy situation that has surfaced, but been brewing for a while, but I have decided that the delete button was the better part of valor at the moment. See, look at me censor myself. It can be done.

2 comments:

rjccj said...

The duel Coraline books are funny. lol

Horatio Hornblower is awesome. Glad that the DVDs work. Glad that it seems like you had a good christmas.

Look forward to reading the Graveyard book now. Thanks for the review.

Leslie said...

I like the way you described the dueling Coralines. My Chicklets are getting a kick out of the story as well. Apparently, they are all Neil Gaiman fans or should I say FANS.