Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Solstice!

Last night after I had attempted to fall asleep, I was struck with a bit of inspiration.
This was after writing a really cool introduction to a character I rather like.
WOOT. And the best part is, all the pieces work so smoothly. That really makes me happy. It's logical, and is a great way to introduce one aspect I had been trying to figure out how to make happen.

I also have figured out the very important question of what happens to the vampires in my world when they "bite the dust" so to speak.
No, I won't tell you how. But lets just say, it's not the classic-been-used-to-death idea. In fact, I think I've only seen even part of the idea used once. Hmm I guess I can give that away, as there are so many Vampire deaths in The Lost Boys, as who knows which one you'll think it is. Especially with the "no vamp goes out the same way" in The Lost Boys. So no, the Vampy death is not exclusive to any of the ones in The Lost Boys, just one little aspect of it reminds me of at least one of the deaths from that movie. I hadn't really thought yet of how the vamps in my novel would die, as it hadn't fully come up yet, and my brain hadn't kicked in that much. But now it has. Woot.

Today is the Solstice (winter obviously).
Ironically, today I made a decision to change something, to start a fresh, and I hadn't at the time realized it was the Solstice. So it is very apropos.
I went to Whole Foods today, bought a new kind of deodorant. No Aluminum. Also, more importantly, I bought myself some B-12 vitamins, and Omega-3 (Fishy oil). Both of these are mood uplifters, and the Omega 3 will help with joints etc. So, hopefully it will help with my back, and if it does that unto it's self will help my mood.
The B-12 is also one of those ones that help with mood and other things. So we'll see how it goes.

Tonight, I will light a candle for the Solstice, as there isn't much of a chance of having a bond fire.
My hair is cold, still chilled from the shower I took hours ago.
Hopefully today I'll get those pages typed up. If not, mayhaps I'll type them up at work tomorrow while I'm trying to not slit my wrists from boredom (the days will be very slow and dull leading up to Christmas. Thats what happens when you do tech support for the Post Office)

I picked up The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman from the library today. It finally became available. We'll see how that goes. I'm avoiding reading my Joanne Fluke, or the next Charlaine Harris that is available, simply because I am waiting on those until next month. The library is doing a little contest thing of 8 books in 8 weeks. HA. I'll have that done in maybe.. 2 weeks? I'm saving all the Murder She Baked, and C. Harris's for that, as they are quick.

Well, I'm done babbling for now methinks. I hope everyone is enjoying their Solstice, however you celebrate it.

3 comments:

rjccj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rjccj said...

Congrats on getting such a coherent intro written. Never seen the Lost Boys so can't really say anything about that. lol

Hpe that you had a good midwinters.

Look forward to hearing how the Gaiman book is.

Sorry, trying to figure out how to do this. lol

Wicked said...

You've never seen The Lost Boys? *gasp* it's so wonderful. You should really watch it.

The Graveyard Book is thus far interesting and fun.