Friday, December 12, 2008

Happiness. Seriously



Currently, that is me. Why? Well, I started out on a meh kind of day.
And then I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror this morning, sans clothing. And lets just say my day went down from there. I was not happy with what I saw. I have resolved, to once again start working out as I have beenh negelecting it as of late.

But moving along. Work has been meh. But I decided I needed to print out all the text I have typed up thus far in regards to my novel.

That means, Chapters 1- 5 and then all the pages that I don't know exactly where in the story they need to go yet. I've actually got them all in some semblense of order which is cool.

But what made me happy, is how thick that stack of paper is. Now, all my text is in Veranda 10 point font. So thats not huge.
Yes, I know I need to not count at least... oh at least most likely 2 pages off the total due to all the notes and edits etc. Mayhaps even 3 pages.
But still.. even without 3 pages, it's still pretty damn thick a stack of paper!
It made me excited. This actually is starting to feel, and look like a real novel.

I ran over to one of my coworkers, and showed her, as she is a fledling writer as well, and she would appreciate my excitement. She also is into vampires. So that also makes her someone I can share my excitement with.
She didn't want to give it back. She wanted to read it. lol.
So, I shall be sending her a digital copy, as she had to leave today before she could even really do more than skim the first chapter.

She and I had a good conversation about writing though, which was very good. It got me even more excited.

She's going to become one of my Readers, which is good. As I need another person. Until I actually GET an editor, I need to rely on my friends. I want 2 people really. After that it tends to get a little muddled.
I have James, who enjoyes vampire novels, and he and agree on many things, and then I will now have Janice, who also likes vampire novels, though I don't know how similar our tastes in books go beyond vampires.

She did read the first chapter, or at least most of it. And she said exactly what I needed to hear. "It left me wanting to know more!"

She said she loved the 'gloomy' aspect of how my novel started. Nope not a cheery sunny day. Nope not at all.
It was adorable, I got asked so many questions, and I had to just smile and say "Oh, you'll find out."

So yes, I am much with the happy at the moment.

No comments: